Analysis Of Louis Theroux, 'Talking to Anorexia'

Image result for talking to anorexia

I started to watch this documentary to see the way it was filmed as in my documentary I am hoping to do some sort of interview. In this Documentary the interviews were done slightly different to normal interviews, Louis Theroux does series of documentary some on very challenging subjects like this one. How he did this documentary was doing less formal interviews. he visited the patients houses and spoke to them where they were clearly most comfortable, and so possibly don't feel pressured or don't feel as if they are being examined. I like how this documentary is very honest, similarly to the Jesy Nelson documentary. I like how truthful it is and an incite to lives you don't realise. You learn from something you don't often see or you don't often talk about. 



In these two clips that I have taken a screenshot of you can see Louis Theroux sat next to the people he is talking too, rather in some documentary interviews you usually see people sitting opposite than more like a formal proper interview. I think having a normal conversation with someone maybe makes people more comfortable and so lets people open up more and quicker. I have learnt recently that this technique is called Participatory mode.

This documentary also posed the question if social media was apart of the process for people being anorexic, which is interesting as this could be a factor in my documentary. 

Louis Theroux' ways of documentaries I find are clever and usually straight to the point, which is interesting as most documentaries I have seen are heavily factual based but this seems to just be on peoples lives, the truth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facts about social media

Actors learning their lines