Reflection of my work so far...



Looking back on my research on documentaries so far, I have really found it interesting discovering how documentaries came about. From the start of The Lumiere Brothers, and Robert Flaherty to documentaries done on celebrities. The dynamic of the evaluation of these documentaries is intriguing. I had also never thought about the different ways in which you could film a documentary. Learning about Bill Nichols has enabled me to further my ideas for my final documentary.  At the moment I know I want to do something with the effect of social media and how much everyone seems to be using it. I could do this in a numerous of ways with the modes of documentary. I could explore using the observation, expository, reflexive or even performative. I like the idea of the poetic mode however think I would face some difficulties with this mode for my documentary. More recently I have been reading some books, including the work of Jenny Kidd 'representation' and also a media dictionary by David Probert. Jenny Kidd's book I found very interesting, and gave me things to think about surrounding stereotypes within the media. I am continuing to research different ideas working towards my final documentary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facts about social media

Actors learning their lines