Applying Narrative to my documentary

Image result for narrative
From my blog on Jennifer Peedom I have been thinking about how I am going to apply her idea of narrative to my documentary.

Finding story in my edit:

My 'story' is going to be issue-orientated, around the issue of mobile phones. The goal of this is to simply emphasis how much time we really are beginning to spend on our phones, this idea will hopefully come through in my interviews.. Particularly the question when I ask about the screen time of each person the younger generation will have hours they spend daily on their phones however as the generations get older the screen times becomes minutes as their daily average. 

Conflict:

I think in my documentary I am presenting a societal conflict between people and phones.

Structure:

In my production I feel as though my structure isn't yet set in the order of what I want to show, this is because I have a few different sections of what I am doing in my documentary. My first section is the opening which then goes into the interview and then flows into famous people talking over a montage of people on their phones. Although I need to add in another section as so far my production is only 4 minutes.

Character:

I Have a few different 'characters' I think my main characters are the interviewees, other than my interviews I am planning on just having montages of different people. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facts about social media

Actors learning their lines