My Pitch For My Documentary

Related image

My Pitch 

I will be working on my own for my documentary. I am going to be talk about social media and its impact and the scale of how much people are on social media and their phones.

My primary target audience will be 13-20 years old, both boys and girls, mainstreamer and then my secondary audience would be the parents of of these children as they would most probably be intrigued what there is to say about the media. 

I am thinking of doing interviews with people asking them how much time they spend each week on their phones. and possibly merging all the voices of people saying how much time they spend on their phones to create a strong message and I am hoping to make a large impact on the thoughts of how long people spend on their phones. 

Research:
I am hoping to find facts and statistics that I will get someone to do a voice over talking about the mass scale of impact social media has.
I am also thinking of showing a few celebrity’s that have talked about social media, for example Jesy Nelson, Selena Gomez, maybe some youtubers?

Style: 
I would like to find someone to do a possible voice over to be talking about the seriousness of social media, and some interviews and also footage from social media itself. A mixture of the participatory mode and expository mode. Codes and conventions of the documentary genre is voice overs, archive footage, use of establishing shots, mid-shots. 

Planning - 
I need to do a story board and a possibly a script in what exactly I want to fill my 5-minute documentary with. Preliminary – get some trial interviews with what people think about social media in our generation. I will test what footage I get from my preliminary on about 10 people ranging in age to see if they find it interesting. I will also do some location scouting. 

Clear sense of branding– to spread awareness. Do cover photos, social media websites. I think the most suited channel for this documentary is BBC 3, as this is an online distribution and so aims mainly at my primary audience. 

Practical considerations– Plan filming dates and permission for people to be filmed and see what help I may need to get from other people. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facts about social media

Actors learning their lines